- 1 What does cutaneous use mean?
- 2 Is Cutane a word root?
- 3 What does prominence mean in anatomy?
- 4 What is another name for cutaneous?
- 5 What is a cutaneous disease?
- 6 What is the root word of cutaneous?
- 7 Which word part means milk?
- 8 What 3 roots mean fat?
- 9 What is Dermat?
- 10 What does Hummock mean?
- 11 What is a ramification?
- 12 How do you use the word prominence?
What does cutaneous use mean?
Cutaneous means of or relating to the skin. A reaction on the skin to a drug is called a cutaneous drug reaction. Cutaneous means of or relating to the skin.
Is Cutane a word root?
Cutane, another word root for — -, is of Latin origin, whereas derm and dermat, also meaning – are of Greek origin.
What does prominence mean in anatomy?
Medical Definition of prominence: an elevation or projection on an anatomical structure (as a bone)
What is another name for cutaneous?
In this page you can discover 32 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for cutaneous, like: cutaneal, dermic, ectodermal, ectodermic, endermic, hypodermal, intracardiac, intradermal, intramedullary, and intrathecal.
What is a cutaneous disease?
A skin condition, also known as cutaneous condition, is any medical condition that affects the integumentary system—the organ system that encloses the body and includes skin, hair, nails, and related muscle and glands.
What is the root word of cutaneous?
The word, cutaneous, comes from the Latin word cutis, which means ” skin.” It is with that in mind that superficial somatic pain is also called cutaneous pain.
Which word part means milk?
Body Parts and Disorders
|lacrim-, lacrimo-||tear (from your eyes)|
|lact-, lacti-, lacto-||milk|
|laryng-, laryngo-||larynx (voice box)|
What 3 roots mean fat?
What three roots mean Fat? adip/o. ather/o.
What is Dermat?
Dermato – is a combining form used like a prefix meaning “ skin.” It is used in many medical terms, especially in pathology. Dermato – comes from the Greek dérma, meaning “ skin.” The combining forms dermo- and derm – are also variants of dermato -.
What does Hummock mean?
1: a rounded knoll or hillock. 2: a ridge of ice.
What is a ramification?
1a: branch, offshoot. b: a branched structure. 2a: the act or process of branching. b: arrangement of branches (as on a plant)
How do you use the word prominence?
something that bulges out or is protuberant or projects from its surroundings.
- She came to national prominence as an artist in the 1960s.
- He came to prominence during the World Cup in Italy.
- She first came to prominence as an artist in 1989.
- Delete what is dispensable and give more prominence to the essentials.