- 1 What does eminence mean?
- 2 What is an eminence of the frontal bone?
- 3 What is an eminence woman?
- 4 What are the synonyms of eminence?
- 5 What does garrulous mean in English?
- 6 What does tedious mean?
- 7 What causes frontal eminence?
- 8 Is a Glabella?
- 9 How thick is the skull at the forehead?
- 10 Who do you call your eminence?
- 11 What does virtuosity mean?
- 12 How do you use the word eminence?
- 13 Is loathe worse than hate?
- 14 What do you call someone who is well-known?
- 15 What is the opposite of eminence?
What does eminence mean?
Eminence is a position of superiority, high rank or status, or fame. In other words, eminence is the state of being eminent—high in station, rank, or reputation. Someone who is eminent is prominent or distinguished in some way, especially within a particular field.
What is an eminence of the frontal bone?
Anatomical terms of bone A frontal eminence (or tuber frontale) refers to one of two rounded elevations on the frontal bone that lie about three centimeters above the supraorbital margin on each side of the frontal suture.
What is an eminence woman?
eminence. n. well-known, intelligent and highly respected person. woo-girl.
What are the synonyms of eminence?
Synonyms & Antonyms of eminence
What does garrulous mean in English?
1: given to prosy, rambling, or tedious loquacity: pointlessly or annoyingly talkative. 2: wordy sense 1 garrulous speeches.
What does tedious mean?
: tiresome because of length or dullness: boring a tedious public ceremony.
What causes frontal eminence?
Causes of Frontal Bossing The conditions that cause frontal bossing are usually rare. They can be hormonal disorders, genetic or inherited syndromes, or others. A common cause of frontal bossing is acromegaly, which is a hormonal disorder caused when the pituitary gland releases too much growth hormone.
Is a Glabella?
The glabella, in humans, is the area of skin between the eyebrows and above the nose. The term also refers to the underlying bone that is slightly depressed, and joins the two brow ridges. It is a cephalometric landmark that is just superior to the nasion.
|Anatomical terms of bone|
How thick is the skull at the forehead?
The temporal crest runs from the zygomatic process of the frontal bone superiorly and posteriorly to become continuous with the temporal line on the parietal bone. The mean calvarial thickness is 6.8 to 7.7 mm, which can be safely drilled to a depth of 3-4 mm.
Who do you call your eminence?
A longer, and more formal, title is ” His (or Your when addressing the cardinal directly) Most Reverend Eminence “. Patriarchs of Eastern Catholic Churches who are also cardinals may be addressed as ” His Eminence ” or by the style particular to Eastern Catholic patriarchs, His Beatitude.
What does virtuosity mean?
1: great technical skill (as in the practice of a fine art) 2: a taste for or interest in virtu.
How do you use the word eminence?
Eminence sentence example
- People with eminence are highly regarded in their respective fields.
- He got rid of all whom he disliked on the charge of having taken part in the conspiracy, and no man of eminence was safe against him.
- Here he rose rapidly to eminence both at the bar and in politics.
Is loathe worse than hate?
Loathe means to hate or detest something. Loathe is much stronger than hate. It implies deep-seated, simmering hatred.
What do you call someone who is well-known?
synonyms for well – known person big star. captain of industry. celebrity. heavyweight. idol.
What is the opposite of eminence?
Antonyms for eminence bottom, decrease, drop, base, nadir, lowness, depth.