- 1 What does bilateral mean in medical terms?
- 2 What is the definition of bilateral?
- 3 What is lateral and bilateral?
- 4 What do you mean by bilateral symmetrical body?
- 5 How do you use the word bilateral?
- 6 What is another word for bilateral?
- 7 What are the example of bilateral?
- 8 What does bilateral difference mean?
- 9 What is bilateral transfer?
- 10 What is bilateral training?
- 11 What is bilateral offer?
- 12 What is bilateral approach?
- 13 What is bilateral symmetry and give an example?
- 14 Are humans bilateral?
- 15 What is the other term for bilateral symmetry?
What does bilateral mean in medical terms?
Listen to pronunciation. (by-LA-teh-rul) Affecting both the right and left sides of the body.
What is the definition of bilateral?
1: affecting reciprocally two nations or parties a bilateral treaty a bilateral trade agreement. 2: having two sides dealing with a bilateral problem.
What is lateral and bilateral?
Bilateral means “on both sides”. The term is derived from Latin, “bi” means two, and ” lateral ” means to the side. In medicine, bilateral refers to both sides of the body or two of something.
What do you mean by bilateral symmetrical body?
: symmetry in which similar anatomical parts are arranged on opposite sides of a median axis so that only one plane can divide the individual into essentially identical halves.
How do you use the word bilateral?
Bilateral in a Sentence
- When Angie learned about her family history of breast cancer, she decided to have both her breasts removed in a bilateral mastectomy.
- The treaty will not be signed if the two countries cannot reach a bilateral agreement.
What is another word for bilateral?
What is another word for bilateral?
What are the example of bilateral?
A contract is signed so that the agreement is clear and legally enforceable. Any sales agreement is an example of a bilateral contract. A car buyer may agree to pay the seller a certain amount of money in exchange for the title to the car.
What does bilateral difference mean?
adjective. pertaining to, involving, or affecting two or both sides, factions, parties, or the like: a bilateral agreement; bilateral sponsorship. located on opposite sides of an axis; two-sided, especially when of equal size, value, etc. through both parents equally: bilateral affiliation. Compare unilateral (def.
What is bilateral transfer?
Bilateral transfer of learning or training is the phenomenon of practising a novel task with one limb which then typically facilitates subsequent learning and performance by the opposite, untrained limb in the same task (Ammons, 1958).
What is bilateral training?
Bilateral strength training refers to workout out both sides of your muscles at the same time. An example would be a leg press where you use a machine to press both of your legs at the same time.
What is bilateral offer?
A bilateral offer is generally between two parties who agree to perform certain services or provide certain products for a specific price. The terms of the agreement are just between the two parties.
What is bilateral approach?
Bilateral approaches hold that the meaning of expressions is characterized in terms of conditions on two, usually opposite primitives (e.g. truth and falsity, assertion and rejection, belief and disbelief).
What is bilateral symmetry and give an example?
* Bilateral symmetry means that the body can be divided along a plane that divides the animal into left and right sides. *Humans, dogs, and even sharks can exhibit bilateral symmetry.
Are humans bilateral?
The body plans of most animals, including humans, exhibit mirror symmetry, also called bilateral symmetry. They are symmetric about a plane running from head to tail (or toe). Bilateral symmetry is so prevalent in the animal kingdom that many scientists think that it can’t be a coincidence.
What is the other term for bilateral symmetry?
noun. The property of being symmetrical about a vertical plane. Synonyms. bilaterality bilateralism correspondence symmetricalness symmetry balance.