- 1 What are the 5 body cavities?
- 2 What is the function of body cavities?
- 3 What are all the body cavities?
- 4 What are the 2 major body cavities?
- 5 What are the 7 body cavities?
- 6 What are the 8 body cavities?
- 7 What are the 4 major body cavities?
- 8 What are two essential functions of body cavities?
- 9 How many cavities are in the body?
- 10 What are the three types of body cavities?
- 11 What are the minor body cavities?
- 12 What are the 6 body cavities?
- 13 What are the differences of 3 trunk cavities?
- 14 What cavity is the stomach in?
What are the 5 body cavities?
The five body cavities include the following: The abdominal cavity contains the stomach, intestines, liver, spleen, gallbladder, pancreas, ureters, and kidneys. Medical Terminology for Cavities of the Body.
|What It Means||Cell|
|What It Means||Study of cells|
What is the function of body cavities?
The body cavities house and protect the internal organs. There are two main body cavities: the dorsal cavity and the ventral cavity. The dorsal or posterior cavity contains the cranial cavity and the spinal cavity.
What are all the body cavities?
Anatomical terminology for body cavities: Humans have multiple body cavities, including the cranial cavity, the vertebral cavity, the thoracic cavity (containing the pericardial cavity and the pleural cavity ), the abdominal cavity, and the pelvic cavity.
What are the 2 major body cavities?
The cavities, or spaces, of the body contain the internal organs, or viscera. The two main cavities are called the ventral and dorsal cavities. The ventral is the larger cavity and is subdivided into two parts (thoracic and abdominopelvic cavities ) by the diaphragm, a dome-shaped respiratory muscle.
What are the 7 body cavities?
Terms in this set ( 7 )
- dorsal cavity. body cavity that houses the skull, brain, and spinal cavity.
- ventral cavity. this body cavity is divided into three parts; the thorax, abdomen, and pelvis.
- thoracic cavity. body cavity that contains the heart and lungs.
- abdominal cavity.
- pelvic cavity.
- abdominopelvic cavity.
- body cavity.
What are the 8 body cavities?
Terms in this set ( 8 )
- Body Cavaties. Essential function of body cavities:
- Serous Membranes. Line of body cavities and cover organs.
- Thoracic Cavity. Right and left pleural cavities (contain right and left lungs)
- Ventral body cavity (coelom)
- Abdominopelvic Cavity.
- Abdominopelvic cavity.
- Retroperitoneal space.
- Pelvic cavity.
What are the 4 major body cavities?
Humans have four body cavities: (1) the dorsal body cavity that encloses the brain and spinal cord; (2) the thoracic cavity that encloses the heart and lungs; (3) the abdominal cavity that encloses most of the digestive organs and kidneys; and ( 4 ) the pelvic cavity that encloses the bladder and reproductive organs.
What are two essential functions of body cavities?
Name two essential functions of the body cavities of the trunk. protect internal organs and cushion them from thumps and bumps that occur while walking / running, or jumping. They also permit the organs that they surround to change in size and shape w/o disrupting the activities of nearby organs.
How many cavities are in the body?
The membranes that surround the central nervous system organs (the brain and the spinal cord, in the cranial and spinal cavities are the three meninges. Human body cavities.
|Human body cavities and membranes||Name of cavity||Dorsal body cavity|
|Principal contents||Spinal cord|
What are the three types of body cavities?
The major cavities of the human body are the spaces left over when internal organs are removed. There are additional body cavities which we will only discuss in lecture. These are the cavities created by serous membranes–the pleural cavities, the pericardial cavity, and the peritoneal cavity –and the mediastinum.
What are the minor body cavities?
Terms in this set (10)
- POSTERIOR CAVITY. from NECK up to HEAD; contains CRANIAL AND VENTRAL CAVITIES.
- ANTERIOR CAVITY. from CHEST down to PELVIC; contains THORACIC, AND ABDOMINAL-PELVIC CAVITIES.
- VERTEBRAL CAVITY. contains the spinal cord.
- ABDOMINAL-PELVIC CAVITY.
- THORACIC CAVITY.
- CRANIAL CAVITY.
- MEDIASTINUM CAVITY.
What are the 6 body cavities?
Terms in this set (14)
- Dorsal Cavity. Cavity located in the back of the body.
- Ventral Cavity. Contains the structures within the chest and abdomen.
- Thoracic Cavity. Chest cavity.
- Abdominopelvic Cavity. Contains: abdominal & pelvic cavities.
- Cranial Cavity.
- Vertebral Cavity.
- Theoracic cavity.
- Pelvic Cavity.
What are the differences of 3 trunk cavities?
The thoracic cavity fills the chest and is subdivided into two pleural cavities and the pericardial cavity. The pleural cavities hold the lungs, and the pericardial cavity holds the heart. The abdominopelvic cavity fills the lower half of the trunk and is subdivided into the abdominal cavity and the pelvic cavity.
What cavity is the stomach in?
The abdominopelvic cavity is a body cavity that consists of the abdominal cavity and the pelvic cavity. It contains the stomach, liver, pancreas, spleen, gallbladder, kidneys, and most of the small and large intestines.