- 1 Which of the following best describes gross anatomy?
- 2 Which of the following is the best definition of anatomy?
- 3 Which phrase best defines the term physiology?
- 4 What does gross anatomy include?
- 5 What are three types of anatomy?
- 6 What are the 5 branches of anatomy?
- 7 What is anatomy in one word?
- 8 What is anatomy in simple words?
- 9 What is another word for anatomy?
- 10 Why anatomy and physiology are related?
- 11 What is another word for physiology?
- 12 What is another word for gross anatomy?
- 13 What is the gross anatomy of the kidney?
Which of the following best describes gross anatomy?
Which of the following best describes macroscopic anatomy? the study of large body structures visible to the naked eye, such as the heart, lungs, and kidneys. Gross, or macroscopic, anatomy is the study of large body structures visible to the naked eye, such as the heart, lungs, and kidneys.
Which of the following is the best definition of anatomy?
Anatomy, a field in the biological sciences concerned with the identification and description of the body structures of living things. Gross anatomy involves the study of major body structures by dissection and observation and in its narrowest sense is concerned only with the human body.
Which phrase best defines the term physiology?
Which phrase best defines the term physiology? The study of the functions of the body or its parts.
What does gross anatomy include?
Gross anatomy ( gross; large) deals with the structures of the body that are visible to the naked eye. In the case of the circulatory system, the heart, blood vessels, blood, lymphatic vessels and lymph, function together to deliver materials (oxygen, nutrients, waste) throughout the body.
What are three types of anatomy?
- Gross anatomy is subdivided into surface anatomy (the external body), regional anatomy (specific regions of the body), and systemic anatomy (specific organ systems).
- Microscopic anatomy is subdivided into cytology (the study of cells) and histology (the study of tissues).
What are the 5 branches of anatomy?
It’s divided into several branches, including histology, embryology, gross anatomy, zootomy, phytotomy, human anatomy, and comparative anatomy.
What is anatomy in one word?
1: a branch of morphology that deals with the structure of organisms. 2: a treatise on anatomical science or art. 3: the art of separating the parts of an organism in order to ascertain their position, relations, structure, and function: dissection.
What is anatomy in simple words?
Anatomy is the study of structures of living things, so it’s the branch of science that describes what body parts like your fingers, mouth, nose, heart, and lungs look like. The structure of a body part helps to determine what it can do for you.
What is another word for anatomy?
What is another word for anatomy?
Anatomy and physiology are two of the most basic terms and areas of study in the life sciences. Anatomy refers to the internal and external structures of the body and their physical relationships, whereas physiology refers to the study of the functions of those structures.
What is another word for physiology?
In this page you can discover 19 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for physiology, like: biology, study of living organisms, science, biochemistry, pharmacology, anatomy, biomechanic, immunology, neurophysiology, neuropharmacology and psychology.
What is another word for gross anatomy?
Also called macroscopic anatomy.
What is the gross anatomy of the kidney?
Gross Anatomy The kidneys are located on the posterior wall of the abdomen at waist level. Each kidney is roughly 10 cm long and 5 cm wide, and is encased in a fibrous outer capsule called the renal capsule. The main function of the kidneys is to control blood volume and composition.