- 1 What does bilaterally mean in medical terms?
- 2 What does the medical term ante mean?
- 3 What is the full meaning of Para?
- 4 What is a coronal in medical terms?
- 5 What does Endotherm mean?
- 6 What is the medical term for against infection?
- 7 What is Meridiem mean?
- 8 What does in mean in medical terms?
- 9 Does ante mean before?
- 10 Does Para mean in English?
- 11 What does Para mean in Greek?
- 12 What is the Latin meaning of Para?
- 13 What is a coronal plane in anatomy?
- 14 What are the 4 body planes?
- 15 What does Costalgia mean?
What does bilaterally mean in medical terms?
Listen to pronunciation. (by-LA-teh-rul) Affecting both the right and left sides of the body.
What does the medical term ante mean?
Ante = before (Latin) Anterior = near or nearer to the front.
What is the full meaning of Para?
(pærə ) Word forms: plural paras. Para. is a written abbreviation for paragraph.
What is a coronal in medical terms?
Medical Definition of coronal 1: of, relating to, or being a corona. 2: lying in the direction of the coronal suture. 3: of or relating to the frontal plane that passes through the long axis of the body.
What does Endotherm mean?
Endotherm, so-called warm-blooded animals; that is, those that maintain a constant body temperature independent of the environment. The endotherms primarily include the birds and mammals; however, some fish are also endothermic.
What is the medical term for against infection?
condition against infection. antitoxin. substance produced in response to toxin, neutralize it. autoimmune disease.
What is Meridiem mean?
adjective.: being before noon —abbreviation AM, a.m., or (British) am.
What does in mean in medical terms?
Prefix denoting not or in, into, within. Collins Dictionary of Medicine © Robert M.
Does ante mean before?
Definition of ante – (Entry 3 of 3) 1a: prior: earlier antedate. b: anterior: forward anteroom. 2: prior to: earlier than antediluvian.
Does Para mean in English?
para – comes from Greek, where it has the meaning “at or to one side of, beside, side by side. ” This meaning is found in such words as: parabola; paragraph. para – is also used to mean “beyond, past, by”: paradox.
What does Para mean in Greek?
1. < Greek para -, combining form representing pará (preposition) beside, alongside of, by, beyond.
What is the Latin meaning of Para?
para – (1) word -forming element of Latin origin meaning “defense, protection against; that which protects from,” from Italian para, imperative of parare “to ward off,” from Latin parare “make ready” (from PIE root *pere- (1) “to produce, procure”). It figures in parachute, parasol, parapet, etc.
What is a coronal plane in anatomy?
Coronal Plane ( Frontal Plane ) – A vertical plane running from side to side; divides the body or any of its parts into anterior and posterior portions.
What are the 4 body planes?
The anatomical planes are four imaginary flat surfaces or planes that pass through the body in the anatomical position. They are the median plane, sagittal planes, coronal (frontal) planes and horizontal (transverse) planes (figure 2).
What does Costalgia mean?
1. costalgia – pain in the chest caused by inflammation of the muscles between the ribs. pleuralgia, pleurodynia. hurting, pain – a symptom of some physical hurt or disorder; “the patient developed severe pain and distension”