- 1 What does articulate mean in anatomy?
- 2 What does the word articulate mean in medical terms?
- 3 What does the word articulate mean?
- 4 What is the difference between joint and articulation?
- 5 What is the purpose of articulation?
- 6 What does the word motility mean?
- 7 How do you describe an articulate person?
- 8 How do you use the word articulate?
- 9 Can a person be articulate?
- 10 What is it called the way you say something?
- 11 How do you become articulate in communication?
- 12 Is being articulate a sign of intelligence?
- 13 What are the 3 major types of joints?
- 14 What is an example of articulation?
- 15 How many points of articulation does a human have?
What does articulate mean in anatomy?
1. to unite by joints; to join. 2. united by joints. 3. capable of expressing oneself orally.
What does the word articulate mean in medical terms?
In anatomy, a joint (an area where two bones are attached for the purpose of motion of body parts). An articulation, or joint, is usually formed of fibrous connective tissue and cartilage.
What does the word articulate mean?
: able to express ideas clearly and effectively in speech or writing.: clearly expressed and easily understood. articulate.
What is the difference between joint and articulation?
As nouns the difference between joint and articulation is that joint is the point where two components of a structure join, but are still able to rotate while articulation is (countable|or|uncountable) a joint or the collection of joints at which something is articulated, or hinged, for bending.
What is the purpose of articulation?
Articulation is important to be able to produce sounds, words and sentences which are clear and can be easily understood and interpreted by others in order to be able to express basic needs and wants, right through to being able to engage in complex conversations.
What does the word motility mean?
1: the quality or state of being motile: capability of movement sperm motility. 2: the ability of the muscles of the digestive tract to undergo contraction Patients with scleroderma may have abnormal motility of the small intestine …— Hani C.
How do you describe an articulate person?
If you describe someone as articulate, you mean that they are able to express their thoughts and ideas easily and well. When you articulate your ideas or feelings, you express them clearly in words.
How do you use the word articulate?
Articulate sentence example
- Jess was very articulate with her presentation, giving her a good grade on the assignment.
- There are two types of tissue: non- articulate and articulate.
- The illness hindered his ability to articulate well.
- Anxiety makes it much harder for a person to articulate their thoughts.
Can a person be articulate?
The definition of articulate is someone capable of speaking easily and clearly, and is most often referred to someone who is well-spoken. An example of an articulate person is President Barack Obama.
What is it called the way you say something?
Reach for articulate when you need an adjective meaning “well-spoken” (pronounced ar-TIC-yuh-lit) or a verb (ar-TIC-yuh-late) meaning “to speak or express yourself clearly.” The key to understanding articulate’s many uses is to think of the related noun article: an articulate person clearly pronounces each article of
How do you become articulate in communication?
Here are five ways to become more articulate in both your personal and professional life.
- Listen to yourself.
- Don’t be afraid to pronounce.
- Keep it simple.
- Forget the filler.
- Pay attention to your audience.
Is being articulate a sign of intelligence?
An Intelligent person will not only be articulate but he or she will be able to condense their words into smaller sentences allowing them to get to the point rather than dragging on and on with unnecessary words losing the interests from the listener. An intelligent person will keep their listeners from tuning out.
What are the 3 major types of joints?
There are three structural classifications of joints: fibrous, cartilaginous, and synovial.
What is an example of articulation?
Articulation is defined as the act of speaking clearly. An example of articulation is when a spelling teacher places careful emphasis on each syllable of a word in order for students to hear the sounds in the word. An example of articulation is a knee which is between the bones in the calf and thigh.
How many points of articulation does a human have?
Although the actual number of joints in any one person depends on a number of variables, the estimated number is between 250 and 350.