- 1 What are the 4 quadrants of the abdomen?
- 2 What organs are in the 4 quadrants of the body?
- 3 Which of these are a quadrant of the abdominopelvic cavity?
- 4 What are the 9 regions of abdomen?
- 5 Which quadrant is the stomach?
- 6 Is stomach on left or right?
- 7 What are the four quadrants?
- 8 What are the four major quadrants?
- 9 What organs are located in the 9 regions?
- 10 Which structure is found in the abdominal cavity?
- 11 Which Abdominopelvic regions have both a right and a left side?
- 12 Which organs are in each abdominal region?
- 13 Where is the abdominal?
- 14 Where is epigastric pain located?
What are the 4 quadrants of the abdomen?
The quadrants are referred to as the left lower quadrant, left upper quadrant, right upper quadrant and right lower quadrant.
What organs are in the 4 quadrants of the body?
Getting to Know Your Quadrants
- Upper portion of your right kidney.
- Part of your colon.
- Part of your pancreas.
Which of these are a quadrant of the abdominopelvic cavity?
Abdominopelvic Quadrants: Right upper quadrant (RUQ) Left upper quadrant (LUQ) Right lower quadrant (RLQ) Left lower quadrant (LLQ)
What are the 9 regions of abdomen?
These planes divide the abdomen into nine regions:
- Right hypochondriac.
- Right lumbar (or flank)
- Right illiac.
- Hypogastric (or pubic)
- Left hypochondriac.
- Left lumbar (or flank)
Which quadrant is the stomach?
Organs in the left upper quadrant include the stomach, spleen, left portion of the liver, main body of the pancreas, the left portion of the kidney, adrenal glands, splenix flexure of the colon, and bottom part of the colon.
Is stomach on left or right?
The stomach is a muscular organ located on the left side of the upper abdomen. The stomach receives food from the esophagus.
What are the four quadrants?
The coordinate axes divide the plane into four quadrants, labelled first, second, third and fourth as shown.
What are the four major quadrants?
The four quadrants are easy to remember because they consist of a left upper quadrant (LUQ), left lower quadrant (LLQ), right upper quadrant (RUQ), and right lower quadrant (RLQ).
What organs are located in the 9 regions?
Terms in this set ( 9 )
- Epigastric. liver, stomach, pancreas, duodenum.
- Left Hypochondriac Region. spleen, colon, liver, left kidney, small intestine.
- Right Hypochondriac Region. gallbladder, liver, right kidney.
- Umbilical Region.
- Left Lumbar Region.
- Right Lumbar Region.
- Hypogastric Region.
- Left Iliac/Inguinal Region.
Which structure is found in the abdominal cavity?
The abdominal cavity contains the greater part of the digestive tract, the liver and pancreas, the spleen, the kidneys, and the adrenal glands located above the kidneys.
Which Abdominopelvic regions have both a right and a left side?
Hypochondriac: two upper right and left regions below the cartilage of the ribs that extend over the abdomen. Epigastric: region above the stomach. Lumbar: two middle right and left regions near the waist. Umbilical: region of the navel or umbilicus.
Which organs are in each abdominal region?
The abdomen contains many vital organs: the stomach, the small intestine (jejunum and ileum), the large intestine (colon), the liver, the spleen, the gallbladder, the pancreas, the uterus, the fallopian tubes, the ovaries, the kidneys, the ureters, the bladder, and many blood vessels (arteries and veins).
Where is the abdominal?
The abdomen (commonly called the belly) is the body space between the thorax (chest) and pelvis. The diaphragm forms the upper surface of the abdomen. At the level of the pelvic bones, the abdomen ends and the pelvis begins.
Where is epigastric pain located?
Epigastric pain is a name for pain or discomfort right below your ribs in the area of your upper abdomen. It often happens alongside other common symptoms of your digestive system.